Pages

Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pace and Thursdays 03/06/2014

03/06/2014

2089 Words today.

It's Thursday today. That's almost as good as Friday, but really not even close.

My characters are taking things in directions I didn't expect. Really, they're being jerks about it too, laughing at me from inside my mind as they take control of the narrative and go off and do their own things. It makes for better story-telling, but boy, they were being awfully smug about it today.

I've been a bit disappointed with my pace as well. Not the pacing of the book, that seems to be working well, but my own writing speed. I've hit my goal as needed since I started the book, and especially since I started the blog. But it's not quite as intense as when I finished the first book. By the end, I was at 4K a day, and on the last day of writing book one, I hit just under 10K. It was a good day. I think it has something to do with the impending completion of the piece, and right now I'm so in the middle that my mind is feeling a little tired and like there's no end in sight. Either way, I'm to soldier on and continue this quest! Hopefully, nearer to the end of the work, you'll see me posting numbers much higher than 2089.

Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment