Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Dreams 03/10/2014

03/10/2014



SOURCE: Anything Comic

2095 words written today!

I have vivid dreams. One of the things I do when I have a vivid dream that particularly makes me think of a story idea or plot point (or solves an issue I'm having) I record it. Technology is wonderful, and where once I had a piece of paper and a pen by my sleeping area, I now have a cell phone. I use a Samsung, and what's wonderful about them is that they come with an app that's basically a notepad where you can record stuff, and I have one dedicated to story ideas I come up with in dreams. Last night I solved a plot issue I was worried about as my brain solved the problem in my head. Of course, it also advised that I make the villain of my story reveal himself to be a million years old at the end, and has kept himself alive by magic. The sleep giveth, and the sleep taketh away.

I also stay up far too late most nights, which leads me to use my breaks at work for napping. As I write this entry, I just took a nap, wherein I dreamed, albeit briefly, and in the time it took me to go from the break room where I napped, back to my office where I planned to record the dream on my phone, I forgot the dream. I know it was nothing major relating to my plot, or even a story idea, but it was funny and now I'm sad I didn't just instantly put what I remembered into my phone.

In any case, I'm sure it had something to do with goats, as I remember I was reading about the upcoming video game "Goat Simulator." Which is why I worry I missed out on remembering something great.

Bishop
Correction: 2334 words today, went back and added a little more.

No comments:

Post a Comment