Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Failure 03/23/2013

03/23/2014

“Bishop!” You say, “You buffoon! You’re posting on a Sunday and failed to post on your work Saturday!” Yes, you’re correct! I worked yesterday, and did some writing (1563 words) and got caught up reading books to actually post. Sorry! You might also note that the number in parentheses above is not above 2k. My first failure! To make up for it, I wrote an additional 2418 words today, making for a weekend total of 3981! So, I’ll call it a half victory? Will you accept that? No? Alright… I failed.

But, that’s the nature of the beast. In any case, the nearly 4k I wrote this weekend was a new project, an idea that came to my head while driving to work on Saturday, grabbing my food from the window at the Hardee’s drive-thru. What can I say, I love sausage biscuits. It began as a novella, but as the idea shifted and grew in my head when writing it, I realized it had a lot of potential to be a full-length novel. It’s set in the same universe that my main series is based in, but earlier in time.

I’m really enjoying writing it, but have a nagging sensation of incompletion of book 2 of the series, which is sitting firmly at 87,000 words right now. I think my plan, for now, will be to work on book 2 throughout the week and anytime I spend working at home, it will be on the new project, at least until book 2 is done, which shouldn’t be long.

Anyway, that was a fun little rant and acceptance of failure. See you tomorrow!

Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment