Pages

Friday, March 7, 2014

By Hand or By Type 03/07/2014

03/07/2014

2628 words today! Happy Friday!

Slow day at work, it let me finish much earlier than usual as well as get over 2600 words done. I might end up writing some more later today just because I have the extra time.

I wonder if I would have been able to write as prolifically as I do without a computer. I love computers, for so many reasons, but one of the biggest is word processing. I cannot imagine the necessity of writing everything out onto paper. I have horrific penmanship, mostly because if I have the option, I type. Every time. In college, I wrote in notebooks while I ignored my professors' lectures, but even then I wished I had a laptop in those days (My primary computer is always a desktop, for gaming, and it wasn't until I was given a personal laptop at my job that I had a more portable option). I told myself so many times that I would go back and type up those older stories, but I never did. I never did it when I was in college, and I doubt I will now.

Even the typewriter annoys me--it's horrendous with formatting, and mistakes were permanent unless you had one of those from the 80s and 90s that actually had white-out ink. I used one for about a week, mainly for the curiosity of it, and quickly became annoyed at having to interrupt my trains of thought to pull pages and put in new ones. I can only imagine having these as my only options. I definitely would have a rough time reaching the goal I work toward every day. So I suppose... thank the gods for computers!

I clearly owe Bill Gates a beer.


Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment