Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sensations 02/20/2014

2,363 words today.

I got done with my goal a little earlier than usual today, mostly because of the momentum I gained from last night's work. I powered through some of the slower sections and am really building into the "act 3" of my book.

I did have some issues today, but mostly they were in my own head. I think something that a lot of writers worry about, especially when writing fiction, is authenticity of feeling. I worry that my writing is not quite conveying the feeling that I want it to, the feeling that I'm feeling while I type the words. It goes along with the old cliche of "there's no words to describe it" which is a phrase to which ever writer says "challenge accepted."

I think I did alright, in conveying a character's overpowering sensation of shame followed by a coin flip of a sensation of great honor and joy. It seems so simple to condense that down into one little sentence, but in the prose I felt I was struggling with it. I suppose we'll see how it went in the end when someone other than me reads it. Here's hoping for the best!

Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment