Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

6 Ways Writing Is Sexier Than Stripping (You wont believe this!) 02/21/2014

02/21/2014

2,039 Words Written

After a critique of my prologue for book 1, I spent 1,000 words today rewriting the entire thing. Originally, the prologue occured after a certain incident took place, but I moved it so that the narration is actually when the incident is taking place. Effectively, the issues that the beta readers had, that I came to agree with, was an overly slow pace with almost no action. It was rather dry, and slow, and sad.

It was that way originally in order to get a sense of mystery about what happened, but I think I was able to keep that sense of mystery by offering just the right amount of information during the incident. The new prologue is more exciting, and pulls the reader in more, and it keeps some of the suspense alive for the climax of the novel.

Other than that, not a whole lot going on. I still wrote another 1,039 words on the second book, mostly part of a short action scene that builds into a more suspensful section. It was easy and fun to write, and helped me get that much farther into the story.

Usually, that would be all I write until Monday, as I take Saturdays and Sundays off from writing. But tomorrow is my work Saturday (I have one per month) and so I'll be able to get another 2,000 words done then as well. I'm excited about that, as the office is empty on Saturdays and I can really iron out my work and often times I write a lot more than just 2,000 words, just because of the solitary time. I can really make up for the 1,000 I had to spend on the rewrite and get a bit more ahead in book 2.

So, until tomorrow...

Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment