Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Trying Creepy 05/02/2014

Another week down! Let's go to the counts:

Mon: 2146
Tue: 2120
Wed: 2057
Thu: 2133
Fri: 2288

Total: 10744

Woo! No failures! Then again, no days broke past the 2500 mark, so that's a bit of a bummer. But, either way, here we are.

I'm enjoying working with 1-week posts, I get to write more about what's going on and I feel like my posts are more substantive. If you want, you can still check in everyday and pretend I'm here with you, blabbering on about writing. Anywho, this week, I've gotten to a nice point in book 3. I'm just under 47,000 words in and I've got the characters in some stick situations. This third installment has a bit of a horror element to it. It's designed to be darker and (hopefully) scarier than the other two books. The part I'm writing now is the beginning of the frightful element. I've been told by some of my beta readers that I'm good at writing suspense into the narrative, and I think at the very least these scenes will have enough tension to keep the reader wanting to turn the pages. I hope they're 'keep the lights on at night' scary, but I don't think I've got enough experience in horror writing to actually master that quite yet. So for now, creepy suspense is my goal.

I like to think that I dabble in some new things with each book, I guess it's part of trying to discover my favored writing style, but its also just because that's the story I'm seeing in my head at the time. I'm nothing if not honest with portraying the exact tale that my head wants me to tell. So, here I am, trying to be a little scary and hoping it works, all just because it fits the story!

See you next week!
Bishop

2 comments:

  1. Holy mongoose in a fire cracker, over 10,000 words in a week o.O
    That's like triple my weekly average xD It's interesting to read through your development

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying reading through it, and thanks for commenting! I do what I can to keep up that 2k per day, and really I ought to be working the weekends too, but... nah :P

      Delete