Pages

Monday, September 22, 2014

Almost 10k...

So I'm into the rewrite! Let's get last weeks totals first:

Mon: 2009
Tue: 2102
Wed: 2120
Thu: 1178
Fri: 1437

TOTAL: 8846

So it's a FAIL. But I also wrote a handful of short stories (okay, two short stories) that impeded my writing time by a little bit, making this failure a little more acceptable. Either way, this week: No fails. Seriously, I'm back on this damn horse and I don't care who knows it.

Rewriting has been an interesting experience. First, I'm finding myself cutting a lot and I find myself shifting a lot of scenes to make the narrative more streamlined. Right now, the book is at 9274 words, and I'm at the same spot that is 15,000 words into the original draft. I like what I'm writing a lot more, that's for sure. Cutting all that has made more room for me to flesh out the ending and add a little more action to those points. The biggest cuts will likely be in the middle, though, and I'm excited for that part. In any case, I need to actually get writing! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment