Pages

Monday, June 9, 2014

A New Project (Again!)

Alrighty! Some big things happening now, let's hit the counts:

Mon: 1689 FAIL
Tue: 2099
Wed: 2025
Thu: 1039 FAIL
Fri: 2020
Sun: 1510 BONUS

Total: 10389

"What's that bonus mean?" you may well ask. So, Monday was Deletion Day. You already heard a little about that if you read last week's update. I cut back 30,000 words. Part of those words were the 1689 that I had already written, so I stopped for the day after that and worked on some editing. The next day I started in on the standard fare, going on where the deletions left off. Failed legitimately on Thursday, and was way behind for the week. Yesterday, I got an idea for a new novel. As all my novels are, it was set in my universe of sci-fi fun and I've been working on it since Sunday as my primary project. No, I'm not abandoning my third novel in my series, I'm just taking a break from it. Everything was going really well on it, I just got distracted by the new awesome. We'll get it all finished! Though right now that does mean that I have four works-in-progress, all set in my lovely universe! It's a good thing.

Anyway, since the weekly goal hit, I'm taking this as a success! Also, the reason you've not seen any "Adventures" posts these past couple of weeks is because... I've had no real adventures. Been mostly hanging out with my wife and my friends, so it's been slow, but fun. This weekend, on Saturday I'm working, BUT I'll be reading and judging entries for a short story contest, so I might be too busy to put in another day of bonus writing. We'll see!

Bishop

No comments:

Post a Comment